Monday, June 22, 2009

Update + Random Pictures

This past week was Vacation Bible School, and we were blessed to have a couple of college students from IU down to help. They were awesome!

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of VBS to show you. So, in light of that utter disappointment, I'll put up some random shots I took with my phone:



This is from one of the craziest storm systems I've ever encountered, and it's not even the half of it.

We took a trip with the Halsey's to Memphis not long after we got here. On the way home we got stuck in a random storm on I-55. The clouds above us were first rolling, then spinning. At one point we were able to look directly into the center of what looked like a whirlpool. No joke. The van shook, and traffic stood still. We were able to make it another few miles before we were stuck in traffic for a good 30 minutes waiting for emergency workers to clear the interstate of fallen trees.

Fortunately, we made it home safely, and were back in time to watch the above cloud formation pass over our cabin. I wish I had a better picture of it. It's just a long, long line of clouds that stretch very high vertically. But the cloud line couldn't have been longer than 50 yards. It was moving swiftly, and I literally could run to one side or the other of it. And the sky was clear on either side.

This is a very dirty Peter who had been roaming around Uncle Andy's shop while he recharged our a/c units.

No comments: